framework editions is proud to announce it’s latest release, framework500, produced in celebration of the 500th(!) edition of my long-running radio show, framework, which premiered on sunday, february 22nd, 2015.
to celebrate this important moment in our history, we are publishing this new 3-disc compilation. we invited the artists who participated in our first release, framework250, to return with a new work. we are proud to present those works here, slow burnt onto the highest quality CDRs, and housed in a beautiful origami sleeve made from locally produced recycled stock from räpina paberivabrik and letterpressed on the historical machines at studio.tartuensis.
what’s more, we have had the amazing opportunity to be present for both the production of our very own paper stock, and its printing, and have thusly been able to include on the release recordings of both of these processes. so you can hold framework500 in your hand while you listen to the sounds of the paper you are touching being made and the words you are reading being printed. many, many thanks to mihkel peedimaa and lemmit kaplinski for making this possible. we are very proud to be able to produce this object with local materials in collaboration with local artisans.
framework500 is available to framework supporters in exchange for a minimum donation of 40€, via the framework website. framework is a 100% volunteer effort, and we rely on listener support to be able to continue. please support your favorite radio show today!
of course this project would not have been possible without the participation and good will of all the artists.
many thanks to them, once again, for making it happen.
- räpina paberivabrik ::: making this paper ::: 05:00
- jeph jerman ::: prayer wheel ::: 06:06
- loren chasse ::: moonlight on the villages ::: 07:43
- matteo uggeri & luca bergero ::: paper blocks ::: 06:56
- felicity ford ::: fermenting madder ::: 06:55
- eamon sprod ::: rock pool: blanket bay ::: 07:26
- murmer ::: signal from the dam ::: 08:06
- scott sherk ::: 9 steel stele ::: 05:49
- peter cusack ::: milking a camel ::: 03:21
- keith berry ::: bay of trujillo ::: 07:17
- maria balabas, mihai balabas & nicolas triboi ::: la madeleine sonore ::: 10:07
- asmus tietchens ::: deb 1b ::: 03:38
- keith de mendonca ::: echo ::: 06:30
- martin clarke ::: varanasi ::: 04:20
- maksims šenteļevs ::: river styx ::: 10:46
- kodama ::: cauldron ::: 14:24
- dallas simpson ::: tunnel improvisation (edited mix extract) ::: 06:11
- eric cordier ::: les gardiens de la forêt ::: 07:14
- jonathan coleclough ::: köln fork ::: 04:28
- ben owen ::: stairwell bergen st ::: 07:01
- toy.bizarre ::: title ::: 04:30
- jim haynes ::: we feared there was an unfortunate woman amongst them ::: 07:01
- thomas tilly :::mycelial path ::: 09:06
- jean-luc guionnet ::: what happened? ::: 10:31
- emmanuel mieville ::: ascenseur en montée ::: 09:46
- jez riley french ::: dorset circle (extract) ::: 08:27
- joel stern ::: follow that ice-cream truck (java) ::: 05:54
- richard garet ::: shaped water ::: 07:14
- simon whetham ::: the other side of the hall ::: 05:19
- phill niblock ::: crick ::: 11:07
- studio.tartuensis ::: printing these words ::: 05:00